Tuesday, May 15, 2007

slow beginning...


I started drawing again today! Boy it was hard to break that white page! I've been really rusty since my last drawing class which seems like ages ago! Im want to be more disciplined about this, i want to get better, i want to love it.
I just recently started running again after a long hiatus! I HATE to run, naturally. But what i've come to notice only after about 4 times is that i begin to crave it. Running is also a discipline...but about ten minutes into it, you get this exhilerating feeling! Im not sure how to put it into words, but it's like this moment where you feel like no one can stop you! You become proud of what your body can do when tested and it's pretty dang cool! THAT is what gets me back on the treadmill. If you had asked me 2 weeks ago how i felt about running i would have compared it to being speared in the stomach by a pitch fork! i hated hated hated it! And now i've found a little victory in my life. Sooo how did we get from drawing to running, you say? Well, i've decided to look at drawing in the same light as running. Although it's definately not as physically taxing, mentally it can take a chunk out of you! With focus and determination you get to a point when the image begins to resemble, just slightly, what you were wishing to convey! Again...a HIGH! So here's to a start!

2 comments:

suzanne cabrera said...

Addie it's me Edgar. I love your candles. I don't think you are as rusty as you think!!!! Keep it up! I know you have it in you!!!!

Alyssa Thomas said...

I was sucked into this drawing right away. LOVE the contrast. And it just so happens that I'm trying to get running and drawing again too, so I thought that was nice to see someone else battling it out. :)