Monday, April 30, 2007

Hickory Smoked...


Cheers to blogging twice in one night
and
Cheers to scanning 3D objects (try it, it's fun and exciting!)

This weekend i visited my dear dear friend Joe in WV! He's big time into work-working and recently aquired a Wood Lathe from his grandfather ( i wish my grandpa had a wood lathe). We literally played with power tools for about 3 or 4 hours last night and this was my pride and joy! My very first try and voila! a candle stick! you cant tell from the picture but i swear it's a candle stick! (i'll post photo with candle in said candle stick soon...ya know to give the whole effect!)
I feel very accomplished in my endeavor though, and hope to do more of this! It really was the best thing i've done alllllllllllll my life!
So try it if you can! it's so satisfying!
Happy Lathe-ing!

1 comment:

suzanne cabrera said...

I'm digging the scanning of 3-D objects. Your candlestick (minus the candle) appears almost haunted....that makes no sense. Anyway, it looks like you had a great weekend. Can't wait to hear more.

Also, I'm proud of your new resolution to be less critical of your own work. I think that this is one of the very hardest stumbling blocks to overcome. And how can you sell yourself to others if you can't sell yourself to yourself????