Sunday, November 11, 2007

Growing Self Promotion


As a designer still trying to get a foot in the door and get a career of some-sort going...the necessity of self-promotion is at an all time high! I've been reading all kinds of material

on this subject lately and the main idea is to find something memorable! Look for what all the other creatives out there are doing and run in the opposite direction! Easier said than done...simply put, there are a plethora of AMAZING designers out there!
Well I stumbled upon something during a google search this evening that was so completely refreshing to me. (wish i had thought of it haha) Jamie Wieck a london based graphic designer created this business card with the purpose of keeping it constantly in the view of the beholder...and NOT to sit in a wallet or card holder to be forever forgotten!
What a great idea!
So there, be inspired! Go and self-promote!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think you're SO cool! :-)

suzanne cabrera said...

How's this for quick response time?

BTW, where did you picture go? I like seeing Addie!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.